Saturday, May 1, 2010

Grandmother Blues

Awoke on a snowy summer morning,
A nightmare responsible.
Visions of Christ and balloons.
Took a bath,
thought of painting my walls,
yellow I decided.

Acrylic paint tubes, all empty.
'Use green instead',
a voice in my head said.
'May the force be with you',
was my swift reply.
A box of crayons, my eyes landed on.

Searched a bit, till I found yellow.
Bright like the sun, it shone.
Went straight to the walls,
And like a 3 year's child,
I began.
Too tiring, I concluded.

Time to call granny,
she'd be pretty lonely,
Took a while, to get here,
she did.
She rang the bell.
Greeted with a pistol and crayons.

The pistols where from last night.
An encounter with flying ninjas,
I'd rather not remember.
Told her what to do, I did.
An hour passed by along with two walls.
'I can't take it anymore', she said.

Teach her a lesson I had to,
A few rounds into her legs.
Right or left, I cannot recall.
Obedience followed.
A bit of blood,
Never hurt anybody did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment